Having your roof replaced is a big investment in your home and an important one. Your roof is your first line of defense in protecting your family and having it replaced professionally and correctly is very important. The first step in this process is acquiring a roofing estimate Kansas City. A qualified roofing company should be able to give an accurate estimate of how much your entire roofing project will cost and the amount of time it will take to finish the job. Below are some very important questions to ask the companies you are considering hiring that they should be able to answer:
- Do you have a license and/or insurance? This is a MUST and if the answer is No, that should be your answer as well to hiring them. All roofing companies are required to be licensed and should be happy to turn over that documentation to you. If they do not have insurance, then you, the homeowner, could be held liable for any medical expenses for any injuries that may occur to the workers on your property.
- May I see your references? An average of two to three reliable references of people that have actually employed this company who were given a roofing estimate Kansas City in the past should definitely be checked to make sure this roofing company has a good reputation and held true to their estimate. This will also give you the chance to drive by these homes and examine their work and inquire if their roofing project was done on time, was the cost what was estimated?, was the homeowner happy with their customer service and clean up after the project was completed ? All important questions that will put your mind at ease when making this investment in your home.
- What are the payment terms? Be sure to get in writing what forms of payment the contractor accepts and what deposits are required. Does the roofing company have a warranty guaranteeing the homeowner’s satisfaction of the completed work? Is it in writing? Most reputable roofers will stand behind their work with a labor warranty.
- How long will the entire job take? Most contractors should be able to give you an estimated timeline for your project’s completion and outline their policy for any delays due to inclement weather. It would also be a good idea to know if the contractor will be taking on other jobs before your roofing job is completed. You want a reliable roofing company that makes your project a priority and freely offers a roofing estimate Kansas City including an estimate of charges and time to complete the job.
- In what condition will my property be upon completion of the job? Make sure to agree upon what cleanup will be done when the roofing job is complete. Most reputable roofers will leave your property in the same condition as before they started. There should be no shingle pieces, dangerous nails or wood remnants or any other associated debris left in your yard. This is part of their job and why you chose them in the first place.
When all these questions have been answered to your satisfaction and your roofing estimate Kansas City is in hand, it will be an easy decision to choose the right roofing company for you.